In which our intrepid hero answers the big questions.
In early August 2005, I emailed a bunch of relatives and friends, asking them to submit five interview questions about me that they’d always wanted answers to. And now, as a monument to my slackness, they finally appear!
Thanks to Mim F, Kathryn, Rosina, Tom P, Matt W, Liz, Craig, Patrick, Kylie, James F and Vikki for their questions. I found most of your questions quite challenging, and no doubt, you’ll see that the answers are the product of a challenged mind.
And now, for the questions. I’ve broken them up into several chunks, each with their own blog entry, as the whole thing is really quite long.
- The Importance of Being Dave
- What philosophy do you apply to your day-to-day living?
- In which century would you like to have lived and why?
- What puts you in a great mood?
- What makes your blood boil?
- Who is your role model and why? What part of them influences you?
- What would you be like to be remembered as being or doing in your lifetime?
- Do you want a life with a wife and kids?
- Where would you like to be living and what would you like to be doing in five years time?
- If the world was going to end tomorrow, what is the one thing you would regret never doing?
- If you could create your own job what would it involve?
- Describe your ideal puddy-tat.
- Why are so damned determined to be employed by DIMA? Is this your true life quest?
- If you could travel back in time and change anything in your life, would you really go back and change much (accepting that you need to make mistakes to learn)?
- Is the glass half-empty or half-full?
- Who would you name as the most frustrating political identity you’ve ever had to tolerate?
- If you were ever to write your memoirs of your time in the NSW Young Liberals, what would be the title of the book?
- How do you handle the fact that you are in a political party in which the majority are evil, selfish arseholes?
- What do you value in a friend and are those traits held by them or do you put up with them because they kill time?
- What do you look for in people in general and friends in particular?
- If you were locked up in prison would you be dominant or submissive?
- Do you think a period of forced solitary confinement in jail would be sort of interesting?
- What’s your most shocking example of substance abuse, and/or have you participated in this practise?
- What is your favourite drinking spot in Sydney, and why?
- Have you ever danced?
- Who is the last person you know that you would have sex with?
- What is the craziest thing you have ever done?
- What’s the most outrageous “food” you have consumed?
- What’s your favourite movie (and do you own it on DVD)? How many DVDs do you own now?
- What is the one thing that you love most in the world that you could not live without?
- Before your current employment, how did you finance your life (and we want the truth!)?
- Why don’t you get around to seeing a dentist?
- Do you ever intend to replace your glasses (the frames of which at least were bought when you were 16, from memory)?
- You really don’t have enough to occupy your mind do you?
- What travel destination most scares you?
- Any comments on the Rwanda Hutu-Tutsi Genocide of 1994?
- What are your most impressive travel stories?
- How many surrealists does it take to change a light bulb?
- How old are you? (and/or what epoch did the aliens first jettison you to Earth?)
- What will become of us if there really are no more habitable planets?
- What do you think of sponges?
- NSW’s knife laws vs natural selection?
- If a mime fell in a forest, would you care?
- Ham or bacon?
- Since black is not a colour, what is your favorite colour?
- Is all your wardrobe black fabrics?
- Are you host to parasites?
- What level is your D&D character on?
- Is there a character in D&D that best describes you and what are its powers?
- If Thomas Kenneally was to write a short prose about you, what do you think it would say?
Power is Poison
Other People’s Problems
Vice is Nice
Material Things are Butterfly Wings
The Wide Blue Yonder
Lord High Everything Else